The Best Mold Prevention Tips from the Mold Removal Specialists by Mold Removal Companies San Diego, CA
Mold spores are present everywhere in the atmosphere and are usually not a massive problem unless they grow and spread out in an indoor environment. That is when they are incredibly harmful to you, your children, and your pets. They can also cause permanent damage to your home’s structure. That is for you to understand why you should act promptly for Mold removal if you find it in your house, but before that, you have to know why and how mold grows. San Diego Flood Restoration, one of the most famous Mold Removal Companies San Diego, CA, has provided a few tips about how you can prevent and remove mold.
How mold grows in homes
Molds always require a specific environment, i.e., moist and dark background, to grow and spread in; the most common requirements for Molds to develop are:
- Rotten of leftover Food — wood, cardboard, paper, wool, silk, leather, etc., or anything used to be alive at the previous stage.
- Temperature — Mold lives and grows in a temperature range of 68°F to 86°F. That is usually the range of weather we are used to maintaining at our homes.
- Water or Moisture — a minimal amount of water is enough for Molds to grow. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that 60% humidity in an indoor environment is well beyond just enough for Molds to grow and spread out.
Of course, there is food in every house because humans rely on food mainly. So all there is left out for Molds to have their perfect environment is some moisture. Water and Moisture itself is the most common cause of home damage because of the leakage or overflow of water pipes, drains, or sewers. Dirty water makes the Molds’ growth even faster because dirty water contains many organic materials that Molds can feed on.
The health effects of mold exposure
If you’re exposed continuously to mold in a closed environment for a long while, you can get serious health issues. These health issues include allergic reactions, Lung infections, Chest infections, Asthma, and much more than that.
How to prevent mold in homes
The first thing you need to do if you detect mold is to get rid of Excess Moisture in your house. You can achieve this by adequately ventilating the home. Next, you need to clean and remove any sort of mold that you can see or smell. It is really essential to get rid of any moisture source in your house before you start having a severe effect on you or your children’s health.
Read these tips for the prevention of Molds:
- If there are leaks in the roofs, walls, gutters, plumbing pipes, you need to fix them before Moisture develops in your house. Make sure you hire experts to analyze leaks if you have doubts about them.
- Use a dehumidifier, air conditioner, or keep your windows and doors open to keep the humidity in your house between 30-50%.
- It would help if you always tried to prevent condensation in your house by reducing humidity, maintaining the temperature, and insulating the walls, roofs, and ceilings.
- After using appliances that generate Moisture like a cooking stove, shower, and dryer, etc., you must adequately ventilate the house.
- You must have your HVAC system inspected at least once every year by a certified professional to ensure that your HVAC drip pans are not dirty and the flow is proper.
- If a flood disaster occurs, you must clean up and dry all the wet areas of your house within 24-48 hours of the disaster.
- It would help if you also took precautionary measures to prevent Mold growth on houseplants and the soil. You can do that by spraying some vinegar solution onto the plant and adding some of the ground answers.
- You should use Mold-resistant paint, keep your walls dry, and use sheetrock to prevent Moisture absorption in your walls.
- Use water-resistant materials while rebuilding or remodeling any part of your house to keep your home dry in wet seasons.
- Design the ground slope around your house such that the water from rains drains away from home.
- Make sure that the water flow in the gutters and downspouts is directed away from your home.
For mold removal services, call San Diego Flood Restoration!
It is vital to call experts who provide services for Mold Removal Companies San Diego, CA, and they can be found at our San Diego Flood Restoration Company. Our experts will examine your belongings. Call us immediately on our emergency line service, (888) 578-5777 if you need restoration services and request for emergency services on our helpline so we can directly come over. We are available 24/7 for any such problem. To learn more, contact us today. Our team of San Diego Flood Restoration San Diego, CA experts is always ready to speak with you. Also, you can go through our website for other related services you can avail of in the future.