Water Remediation San Diego Company Tips you on How to Prepare for Hurricane Season
A Hurricane is a mighty and very unpredictable storm that causes intense damage in its path. Being prepared ahead of time is the only way to stay safe and protected in case of a hurricane. San Diego Flood Restoration is a company that offers services regarding Water Restoration San Diego. It has prepared this article for you to stay safe and protected in case of a hurricane.
Hurricane Readiness Tips
Before the Hurricane
You must keep a hurricane emergency kit recommended by FEMA, which includes packing up the following items in the kit:
- Pure drinking water to last at least three days;
- Food for at least three days which has a long expiry;
- Spare pair of shoes;
- Spare clothes preferably warm clothes like jackets and jeans etc.;
- Battery-powered radio and spare batteries;
- Flashlight along with spare batteries;
- First aid kit;
- A loud whistle to call for help;
- Plastic sheets and duct-tapes for making shelter and Dust mask;
- Moist towels and garbage bags for sanitation;
- Pliers and wrench to turn off utilities;
- Can opener;
- Local maps and compass;
- Cell phone with spare charger and batteries.
- You must know your region’s risk of flooding and hurricane evacuation routes.
- You must always have a primary and secondary family evacuation plan. You must also specify a meeting place for your family to meet up and know the routes to the location in case of separation.
- You must know your property’s elevation level to find out if it is flood-prone or not.
- You also must store a copy of all your important documents like property ownership in your emergency kit. Also, keep a backup of your necessary data on your electronic devices on the internet to ensure it is safe and secure.
When a storm is hours from arriving:
- Make sure that your vehicle is in perfect condition and keep the gas tank filled; in case you’re evacuating the house, keep emergency supplies stocked up in your car well ahead of time
- Always keep your cell phone fully charged and keep some spare fully charged batteries.
- Keep your fridge on maximum performance settings for the food to last for a long while.
- Keep an eye on the latest weather updates and emergency instructions at all times during the hurricane season.
During the Hurricane
- Act immediately when authorities advise or order you to evacuate in such times
- Take shelter indoors when the storm approaches you to avoid getting hit by debris.
- Reach out to a substantial shelter if you live in a mobile home or if your house is not strong enough.
- Stay away from windows and doors while you’re indoors during a hurricane.
- Do not use electricity inside the house during the storm.
- Get yourself to the topmost floor of the building in case there is water flooding up the building. But make sure you don’t take shelter inside a closed space like the attic as water may block you from getting out of there.
After the Hurricane
- Don’t walk or drive in floodwater as it may contain fallen power lines, contaminations, or another sort of dangerous debris.
- Do not enter a damaged building unless you’re sure that all the utilities in the building have been cut off.
- Do not touch or be anywhere near wet electrical equipment, especially when the floors are wet.
- Dispose of the food that has been exposed to the floodwater.
- Don’t drink tap water if you’re not sure it’s safe.
For flood cleanup services, contact the San Diego Flood Restoration professionals!
It is vital to call experts who provide services for Water Remediation San Diego is found at our San Diego Flood Restoration Company. Our experts will examine your belongings. Call us immediately on our emergency line service, (888) 578-5777 if you need restoration services and request for emergency services on our helpline so we can directly come over. We are available 24/7 for any such problem. To learn more, contact us today. Our team of San Diego Flood Restoration San Diego, CA experts is always ready to speak with you. Also, you can go through our website for other related services you can avail of in the future.